Translate ♥需要繁简转换的请选择

Wednesday 12 December 2012

JUSCO AEON Sushi? Not so fascinated anymore.

I have always been a fan of JUSCO AEON's sushi. It all started from Jusco Tebrau City, Johor Bahru. The ingredients are very fresh and the price is affordable.

Recently, in AEON BANDAR UTAMA (1 Utama Shopping Centre), I even found that they are selling Aburi Sushi (炙り寿司, roasted sushi)!! I bought one box to try and it was very tasty.

And this led me to a second time shopping at the same place...

Last Sunday, I went there with D and we decided to buy some sushi for dinner. We chose 1 box of Aburi Sushi, 1 box of Tuna Sushi (Toro, Maguro, Negitoro), 1 box of Raw Sushi (Salmon, Maguro, Ikura, Scallop etc.) and 1 box of sushi which did not contain any raw fish. Totally RM 81.60 for all the 4 boxes.



When we got home and open to eat, D found that the rice is very salty. He was eating the "cooked" sushi. I tried mine and all of them tasted like the same! Tuna, Scallop, Negitoro.... It was really salty but besides that, it also had a strange taste that I've never had before. We thought they failed to cook the rice correctly but when I randomly picked some rice to eat, it didn't have the strong salty, weird taste. Then, I found that it was between the ingredient and the rice. It seemed that they had overly sprinkled their mysterious spice on the rice and made all the sushi taste like the same (and awful)!!

RM 81.60 and a Sunday night were totally wasted.

Now, I am not that fascinated with their sushi anymore. Not only because of the terrible experience, but also the secret ingredients they use. What is that? Is it some kind of chemical, just like China's One Drop Aromatic (一滴香)?

1 comment:

  1. 来我的部落格看看好看又萌的猫寿司吧!(ΦωΦ)
    http://duimao.blogspot.com/2014/06/blog-post_5522.html

    ReplyDelete

凡走過必留下痕跡。
來,不要怕羞。
說聲嗨,讓寂寞的貓主知道你來過。